Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve sat down to put together a post. Part of that is that I haven’t had all that much to write about, but the real big issue is that I’ve been battling a sprained finger on my left hand. It may not seem like much, but try typing with 2 fingers taped together, it’s actually quite difficult. Combine that with the fact that I already work with computers for 8 hours a day at my job and needless to say I don’t exactly feel like blogging when I get home. So here we go
- Summer is finally here. oddly enough, I actually am going to have a pretty busy summer this year. We have a pretty big project at work that will keep me busy. I will be working a couple of Saturdays in July, and since I work on Sunday at my other job, doesn’t leave me a lot of fun time in the month. In August, I will be attending Fragapalooza, the largest Video gaming event in the Country. 700 people get together at the Agricom and play PC games for 4 days. It will be a ton of fun, which I need since that is my only time off for the summer. I will be making two trips for work in August, one to Calgary for a week, one to Vancouver for almost a week. Before I know it, August as well will almost be done.
- This season is actually the time when I for the most part put down my Xbox 360, Wii, and PS2 controllers. I don’t game on the consoles very much during the summer. I tend to read more, spend more time outside, and play my DS and PSP games a bit more, since I can do that outside when the weather is nicer. I’ve even purchased an ebook with the Stanza app on the iPod touch to try out that experience. We will see how it goes.
- I have a couple new “fun” things I’ve just gotten over the past couple days that I’ll be blogging about soon
- I’m disappointed at the City’s decision to do a staged closure of the City Center Airport
- the CFL season has completed Week 1, and week 2 is about to start. CFL football is my #2 favorite sport behind NHL hockey, so I’m excited for that. I wish the Eskimos well
- Speaking of the Eskimos, Jesse Lumsden lasted 14 minutes and 25 seconds before getting hurt. I was hoping they’d at least get a full game out of him. Hopefully the Eskimos keep running the football. Ray is the best in the league, but if they know the team will pass every down, they’ll have trouble.
- And lastly, while the death of Michael Jackson is tragic, and clearly one of the most “important” events in recent history, I’m done with the constant coverage of it. Let the man rest in peace.
That’s all I have for now. if my finger co-operates, I’ll be posting more this weekend.